Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thanks for the chores!

I read recently that most of our daily chores come from our blessings. ( I so wish I could remember where I read this because I would love to give credit for the idea.) Seeing your home and the duties that go along with it in this way can really change your outlook.

Scrub, scrub, scrub the dishes....thank you, God, for our meals and for family to share it with!

Woosh, woosh, woosh...thank you, God, for a washing machine, clothes and the little kiddos who make all those stains!

Vrrrrrrrr, "turn up the tv, I can't hear over the furnace!".....Thank you God for a roof over our heads and heat!

Squeak, squeak....thank you, God, that through Your provision I can put groceries in this decrepit shopping cart!

What sounds are you hearing today?

If the thoughts of God in your daily tasks are blessing your heart, check out an awesome devotional by Judith Gilmore Black called 'Prayer: the Key to Organizing Chaos'. She's an tremendous lady and a wonderful, funny writer. I've got her book listed under "Favorite Reads" on the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment