Thursday, January 24, 2013

Juice Fever

I've noticed an big increase in interest in juicers lately.  In fact, I just read an article in the Wall Street Journal about juicing this morning.  Check it out here.  It seems like many of you are making good on your 2013 resolution to eat more fresh fruits and veggies.  Good job!  If you're interested in finding out more, check out the film Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  (No, I have not done a juice fast!)  The man featured in the movie's website is Reboot with Joe.  You can find a number of juice recipes there.

I have a juicer that I admittedly don't use as much as I should, but when I do get it out, my kids and I really enjoy the process and the fruits (and veg) of our labor.  I have an Omega Juicer (model 8003).  I purchased it because I heard it had a heavy duty motor that would last a really long time.  I wish the feeding tube was a bit wider so I didn't have to cut up my produce into narrow strips, but other than that, it works great.


My favorite book of juice recipes is The Juicing Bible 2nd ed. by Pat Crocker.  It has an extensive listing of the fruits, vegetables, and herbs and their uses and benefits.  It also lists conditions that can be helped by certain juices.  (I did not see any recipes recommended for "mom of 3 boys", but it has everything else imaginable.) The rest of the book is full of juice and smoothie recipes.
Happy juicing!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment