Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Crouton Plan

Remember on the TV show Friends when Monica was trying to get over her ex-boyfriend Richard?  She became obsessed with making jam.  She called it her "jam plan for getting over her man". 

Thankfully all is well here on the home front, but we have some stressors that have made me a little weird about....croutons.  I find making them relaxing.  Yes, I am SUPER weird.  I also hate wasting the heels on a loaf of bread. 

  Every few days, I cut up the heels, stir in a tablespoon or two of olive oil, mix in about 1/2 T. herbs de Provence (you could use garlic salt, seasoned salt, etc.) and then throw them in the oven for 10 minutes or so, stirring every few minutes.  If the big oven isn't heated up for something else, I just broil them in my toaster oven to save on energy.  There you have it, folks!  Stress reducing croutons!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment