Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mocha Minus Dairy


  I tweaked this recipe from a mocha containing almond milk (which I don't like).  I miss my hot chocolates and mochas made with milk, but after limiting dairy while nursing, my tummy doesn't like the lactose anymore (boo!).  So here's my version of a dairy free mocha:

1 c. coconut milk (I prefer plain, not vanilla flavored)
1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. agave nectar, honey OR sugar
1 cup coffee

Warm coconut milk and whisk in cocoa and sweetener.  Don't let the coconut milk boil, otherwise it gets funny tasting.  Add in coffee and serve.

This would be great with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dash of vanilla.  I might also try this with Cafix (a coffee substitute that I'm obsessed with) instead of regular coffee.  You can find Cafix at Amazon.com or at health food stores.


No comments:

Post a Comment