Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pomegranate Orange Juice


The ingredients


Pomegranate seeds in my Italian Stitch Ramekin


Pretty in pink: Pomegranate Orange Juice served in my Simone Glassware

Pomegranates were on sale this week at the grocery store. I've never tried one, so I thought I'd see what I could do with one. The juice turned out great! Even my preschooler gave it the thumbs up.

Pomegranate Orange Juice
2 oranges
1 pomegranate, seeds only
1 carrot

Makes 1 serving

Using your juicer, process all the ingredients. Whisk the juice to mix and pour into a glass.

  • If you don't have a juicer, you could use store-bought OJ and put the pomegranate seeds in your blender and pulse until they're pureed. Strain through a paper towel-lined sieve, and mix the 2 kids of juice together.
  • Pomegranate seeds are messy, so use care. Cutting them in half is actually not the "correct" way to remove seeds, but I thought it looked pretty for a picture!
  • Pomegranates are high in anti-oxidants, so eat up!
  • You can also use pomegranate seeds to add beautiful color to salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment